Thursday, April 1, 2010

Quilting- The Sandwich

Sandwich Instructions for Co-op:

Begin by pressing your backing and quilt top (not the batting). Try to make sure you have no wrinkles. As you will notice I added another layer of strips and some rick-rack to my quilting project. I used the same instructions that were included in the previous post to do this. Lay your quilt backing on a smooth surface and make sure that there are no wrinkles in the fabric. Center your batting on top of this. Smooth all wrinkles out of it. Lay your quilt top in the center, carefully smoothing all wrinkles out of it.Beginning in the center and smoothing fabric as you go, carefully pin through all layers with you safety pins. Continue by working out from the center. I used straight pins for my project and ended up with a few needle pricks because of it. Need more help? Visit the Purl Bee for more instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment