Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jane Eyre

I finished reading Jane Eyre last night. This morning I feel like Mr. Rochester in the movie version imploring, "Jane, Jane, don't leave me." I am still mulling over thoughts about this book. I am not as strong as Jane nor my character as "good." Tim's mom has many of the same characteristics found in Jane and we are friends, so I feel that had Jane been a real person that we could have been friends. I would have admired her character and strength greatly. I would have found her relationship with Mr. Rochester to be profound and passionate and would have acknowledged that they were the best of friends. What she shared with him one could only observe, for no one could have ventured there. Together they lived in a different sphere.....and so it should be so between a man and his wife...two as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment