Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Mommy at Home

I love being at home and taking care of my family. I will admit that in the beginning (some 17 years ago) that it was hard to adjust to being at home. I had been brought up as most women in our time to get an education and go to work. A home and a family was just something that just went along with that... a few months off to have the baby and then find a daycare for the baby and back to work. Praise the Lord He had other plans for me. I was laid off from work while expecting and never went back. Actually I was educated in a field that paid so little that to go back to work would cause our family to use more money for me to work and put the children in daycare than I earned. Praise God! I would have never known the joys of being at home. Those times of snuggling with my little ones while we read a book, watching them do all their many firsts, their smiles and laughter, I would have missed these if I had worked outside the home. I would not trade any amount of money for the joy of being at home and taking care of my family. I hope you have found this happiness too!
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment