Monday, January 23, 2006

Spicy Autumn Beef Stew

I like to put one onion chopped fine and one pound of beef stew meat into my crockpot with one can of chicken broth and cook till falling apart. I take ithe meat out and chop it fine, remove any fat and return it to the pot. I then cut and peel patatoes and cook them on my stovetop until they are just the right texture and then add them to the pot. I use the leftover hot water from the potatoes to defrost a cup of frozen corn, peas and carrots. These are then added to the pot. Now to spice it all up I add three or four beef bouillon cubes, one half a bottle of catsup, and one teaspoon of minced garlic. I also like to add Chef Paul Prudhomme's blackened steak magic and pepper. I usually throw in a little of any spice that happens to "smell" good to me that day. I sometimes will add 2 cups of water and a little cornstarch to get the thickness that I like with my stews. I cook a little longer and then serve. It does not usually last long. I hope your family will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment