Saturday, June 24, 2006

Homemaking 101

I am not a perfect Homemaker. I admit it. I have however learned three very important things that make a big difference in your view of yourself, your family and your home. 1) You MUST get out of bed early. 2) You Must shower, fix your hair, do your make-up (if you wear it) and dress in a way that flatters you early in the morning. 3) You MUST spend time with the Lord.
Getting out of bed early will actually make you "feel" as though you are accomplishing more...and you may. It will also make you feel good about yourself. I know that when I sleep in I "feel" as though I am being lazy.
Showering and dressing in a way that flatters you will make you "feel" good about yourself. This must be done as quickly as possible after getting out of bed. When someone just happens to come to the door early in the morning, it will be nice to know that you do not have to greet them in your bathrobe. It is also nice to let your husband actually see the lovely lady that he married so long ago dressed in a becoming way.
Spending time with our Lord is the most important thing that we can do each and every day. There are days that I put off my time with the Lord until later in the day and then get so busy that as I am climbing into bed I realize that I have neglected the MOST important relationship of all.
Honestly, these three things will make a tremendous difference in your life. They will also help you to overcome overwhelming feelings and discouragement. Once you have accomplished them you can easily tackle the others.
More later,
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment