Wednesday, April 5, 2006

I'm Back

Sometimes life just gets busy! So I took a long break and now I am back. I'm enjoying a cup of Sencha Kyoto Cherry Rose Festival tea from Culinary Teas. This tea is in my top five of favorites and I have some nearly everyday. So what have I been up to during my 2 1/2 month break. Well most of my time has been spent in just the usual taking care of the family and home things. I have also taught a card making and history class at our local co-op. It was alot of fun and a bit of work to be prepared each week. I have also spent a lot of time being a taxi cab driver....at least it feels that way. It takes about 30 minutes to get to any of the cities that surround us so even a tiny errand runs into a lot of time.
What else have I been doing....thinking and reading. I am reading Captivating by John and Stasi Eldridge at the moment (as well as several other books that I keep going at the same time). There is so much to think about and consider while reading this book. Some of the passages are so moving that I find myself in tears. I was suppose to have finished the book last Friday so that I could share it with Leslie. However I was so overcome with emotion that I had to put it down for a few days. I am once again reading it so maybe she will have it in a few more days. We have decided to share our feelings about it after we both finish and I am really looking forward to this.
Other things that I am thinking about....the pain that I see in the eyes of so many women. Women need ministering to so very badly. A friend shared her story with me over the weekend and I wanted so much to comfort her and yet really did not know how. As women we keep looking for our purpose in God's kingdom....I think we keep looking for what we are to do. Did God, the creator of the world, make us for the work that we can perform? Was His primary purpose in making me to have a relationship with Him...to be loved and to love Him? And yet I work and work and work... not for salvation but just because I feel as though I need to be doing.....lots to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment